This disclaimer pertains to any electronic mail “e-mail” you receive from a director, employee or representative of Livingston Leandy Inc, including any attachments thereto. Every e-mail and attachment, if applicable is subject to the following:
- Information contained in an email or attachment from Livingston Leandy Inc may contain confidential and proprietary information which may also be privileged or protected by other legal rules. Such information is private and, accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to delete the entire communication from all locations on your computer immediately and are notified that any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of or taking any action based on this information is prohibited.
- Failure to adhere to the above, may amount to the unlawful interception of a communication, the infringement of copyright and/or the infringement of the right to privacy, thus exposing you to criminal and/or civil liability.
- Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses. The sender does not accept any liability or responsibility for any interception, corruption, destruction, loss, late arrival or incompleteness of or tampering or interference with any of the information contained in an email or for its incorrect delivery or non-delivery for whatsoever reason or for its effect on any electronic device of the recipient.
- Neither Livingston Leandy Inc., the sender of the e-mail, or any other representative of Livingston Leandy Inc. will be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatever nature (including that caused by the corruption or loss of data, damage to software programmes and interruption of business operations) resulting directly or indirectly from the transmission of the e-mail (including any malicious software code or viruses transmitted together with the e-mail, or any corruption to or loss of data contained in the e-mail).
- Please be aware that there is a significant risk posed by cyber fraud specifically relating to email accounts and bank account details. We are concerned that you may be misled by fraudsters using our identity on fraudulent email messages. PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS WILL NOT CHANGE WHILST WE ARE DEALING WITH YOU AND WE WILL NOT CHANGE OUR BANK DETAILS VIA EMAIL. Please ensure that you check bank account details with us IN PERSON prior to before making any payments.
- Please be aware that spoofing and phishing emails may contain fraudulent telephone numbers so never call the number indicated in such an email.
Check our website for the correct telephone numbers if you do wish to telephone us.
We will not accept responsibility if the funds destined to be paid to us are paid into an incorrect account. Should you receive any communications stating that we have changed bank details, please contact us immediately as this is in all probability a scam.
- Should an e-mail from Livingston Leandy Inc. be sent for purposes unrelated to Livingston Leandy Inc’s official business, that e-mail is contrary to our electronic communications policy and falls outside the scope of employment of the individual concerned. As a result, Livingston Leandy Inc. shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatever nature resulting therefrom.
- Livingston Leandy Inc. reserves the right to read, monitor, access, block, delete, copy or otherwise intercept any e-mail transmitted to or from the Livingston Leandy Inc. mail servers.
- Where the time or date on which the e-mail was transmitted is in issue, unless the content thereof expressly provides otherwise, Livingston Leandy Inc. will be deemed to have
• sent the e-mail once reflected in our log files as “sent” on our mail servers; and
• received, but not deemed to have read, an e-mail once reflected in our log files as “received” on our mail servers
- This disclaimer will be deemed to supersede any terms contained in any e-mail received by Livingston Leandy Inc. insofar as these may conflict with this disclaimer.
Contact our Information Officer on 031 536 7500 or at should you have any queries or concerns regarding the disclaimer or email.